I often get asked what my advice would be around feeding babies and small children juice, veggies and smoothies and the truth is I’m not an expert on this, nor can I speak from experience as I don’t have kids yet. Unless you count my new 8 week old Maltipoo Mimi! So for all you conscious Mum’s out there that want to feed your family the best food, I have put together a list of some of the top veggie/vegan/raw Mummy blogs for you to scour and devour.
1. PUREmamas - I’ve been following creator of PUREmamas, Juli Novotny for quite a while now and I’m a little bit in love with her and her cute family not to mention super jealous of the fact they live in California! (I want to live there one day!) I love the style of her site, the beautiful pictures she takes and just her general ethos of making life as simple and easy as possible while feeding your kids good food. Plus her two boys are the cutest!
2. Kristen’sRaw - I’ve been following the awesome Kristen Suzanne for a while now too. Kristen is a kickass superfood-loving-rawfood-eating-get-it-done-Mum. I love her no fuss attitude and her ability to be incredibly productive with her numerous ebooks and constant blogging. When her daughter Kamea was born, she started her GreenMommy blog which has some great info on but just to let you know, she’s decided to streamline and is blogging about Kamea back at KristensRaw.
3. What A Healthy Family Eats- This plant-based blog has loads of recipes and meal plans to save you a heap of time and energy. And who doesn’t want that?!
4. Pig In The Kitchen – Mum to four with a daughter with severe egg, nut and mustard allergies, the creator of this site has had to create some alternatives to the everyday meal which all look pretty darn good. Check out her recipe index.
5. Veggie Kids – Mum of 3 veggie kids with tips and tricks on getting your kids to eat more greens! Because we all need a helping hand sometimes!
6. Love and Greens – Eileen’s dishing out advice on parenting, feeding babies green smoothies and dolling out some vegan recipes. It’s always good to ask someone who’s been there and done it!
7. The Spunky Coconut - I love the name of this! And I love the simple layout and the recipes and the pics of kids. In writing this blog post I came across a lot of “mom” blogs with no sign of kids?! So thank you The Spunky Coconut for making it a lovely family-inspired blog!
8. She Let Them Eat Cake – A great gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free recipe index. Plus I wanted to feature this blog because I like the look of the creator and mum, Maggie – you know those people who just look nice? Well she’s one of them!
9. Raw Therapy – A mum of 3 passionate about raw food, green living and family. Lots of sprouting, juicing and raw food. Yum!
10. Yummy Mummy – This mummy’s blog is indeed very yummy with beautiful photography and a great recipe index.
What are your favourite Mummy food blogs or cookbooks? Let me know in the comments below.