How to reduce radiation and redecorate safely

by polly on July 17, 2012

I am constantly looking at ways to reduce the amount of pollution and toxins that I consume and am exposed to so today’s post is dedicated to some exciting new finds I want to share with you.

I’ve decided that it’s time to redecorate my bedroom so I went about finding a company that produces organic pesticide, herbicide, toxic-free paint. (Big thanks to Janey Lee Grace for tweeting me back with info on this company. If you’re not familiar with Janey, I suggest you check out her awesome website www.imperfectlynatural.com which is packed with information on natural alternatives. She’s also written some very good books on many different subjects from pregnancy to natural beauty.)

There are a lot of so-called eco-friendly paints on the market including some that advertise “Zero VOC”… no volatile organic compounds but you can have a paint that has zero VOC’s that is loadedwith cancer-causing chemicals…so beware!

Quite often when you look into alternatives to the norm of what you would have normally bought, you don’t always get as good a quality or as many options as the chemical-laden products but I am pleased to report that ECOS paints has a really good selection of colours. So I got on the phone and ordered some tester pots (I think they were about £2.30 each) and they arrived the next day. Now all I have to do is decide which colours I want and get someone and their roller round!

2. My next little find is www.ponguk.com which my awesome acupuncturist suggested I look at in order to reduce the amount of radiation I am subjected to from my mobile phone. According to Pong, their products can “reduce your exposure to cell phone radiation by up to 95%”. They say that up to half of the radiation produced my a mobile phone is absorbed into your head and body which is pretty nasty. I was online like a shot and got myself and most of my family members new iphone cases. They come in pretty cool colours too so you don’t necessarily have to compromise on style! They also do cases for ipads and Blackberry.

So there you have it. If you are thinking about redecorating, I would definitely suggest you think about buying organic toxin-free paint because who wants to inhale nasties when their chilling at home? Not me! Same goes for the phone cover – any little adjustment you can make to reducing the amount of radiation and pollution you absorb will go a long way to keeping you healthy. It’s not just about what you eat and drink, but also what you surround yourself with, both at home and out and about.

Check out what was one of my most popular articles on some of the top 20 plants to help purify your home.

Beth July 17, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Thank-you so much for this post –I am planning to redecorate in a few weeks.
Glad to see you’re back !

Melissa July 18, 2012 at 9:01 am

Thanks for the tip about the phone cases.. we’re going to start stocking them – I use my phone a lot and always worry about holding it to me head. Hope you’re feeling better.

Jill July 20, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Thanks for this information. I will definitely look at the phone cases. Great to see you posting again – I hope you’re feeling better.

Ari Idan July 25, 2012 at 3:57 am

Hello, my name is Ari, I am a survivor (so far…) of two cancers, a widower of a cancer victim (now re-married..) and is dedicated to fighting cancer, and helping others do so.
I lived in Toronto, Canada (my family is in southern California), and last year, after marriage, I moved to the Philippines. I am majority owner of a Dialysis clinic, and built a unique cancer clinic, the one I dreamt of having when my first wife was struggling. I took her to Mexico clinics twice, for treatments (which were very successful!), talked to dozens of physicians, and always found lack of properly equipped clinics, which could do a lot better if they were.
Along the way, I have gained insight of how proper Hyperthermia should be applied. This is a method which doubles the success rate of conventional therapies, and alternative ones as well, provided it is done properly. I have purchased the most powerful device for this, and added two other types of devices, which when applied in the right order, prevent a process of DE-sensitizing of cancer cells to the effects of specific frequency hyperthermia. We also do mild whole body hyperthermia in order to strengthen the immune system (with no side effects),and help reach the right thermo-therapeutic levels within the tumour.(the right temperature simply destroys the tumour…). There are also other aspects to this, biological ones, which for lack of commercial incentive (UN-patentable..) is not pursued by multinational pharmaceutical corporations which control all medical research in the field.
I also introduced other forms of immunotherapy, and alternative cytotoxic elements, such as Helixor, a mistletoe extract, which has three times better success rate then most chemo agents, without the side effects.
I can give information about many clinics I learned about, (mainly in Mexico and Germany)
If you are interested in getting free advice, please feel free to contact me, @ advancedcancertherapies@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Ari Idan

Born27 July 31, 2012 at 4:20 am

This is really a great help and i am very lucky to find this post. I hope that a lot of people could read this. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

polly July 31, 2012 at 8:46 am

You’re very welcome! Be sure to share it with your friends!;o) xx

Bob Twain August 2, 2012 at 4:57 am

Please do not trust this Ari IDan. He masquerades as an expert in hyperthermia, when infact all he wants to do is to promote his cancer place in the Phillipines. His promo material contains lines such as ” We guarantee a 30% reduction in your tumour ir your money back”….doesn’t he know that there is no exact way to measure a tumour ? His promo email makes no mention of any doctors or oncologists at his facility, no mention of qualifications or even an address. Please be aware and know that his ‘tips’ are suspect and not from a qualified source.

product technology April 9, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I will be convinced I’ve check this out identical sort of declaration in other places, it must be more popular with all the people.