It’s fair to say that 2012 hasn’t been the best year for me. In fact, it’s been a downright shitty one thanks to my ill-health. You never know what is around the corner or what this magical rollercoaster of life has in store at the next turn but I am happy to say that I am excited about 2013 and what it has in store for me. Or should I say what I have in store for it! I have many plans and will share them all with you in good time.
A few days ago I began the process of thinking about the last 12 months in terms of what has happened to me. Although the last six months have been incredibly difficult and I have had to dig extremely deep to find the mental strength and tenacity to get through it, I can actually look back and say that it has taught me a lot about myself and given me even more drive to make my life as brilliant as it can be. To sum it all up, I decided to make a little video for you to watch because I want you to know that whatever shitstorm blows into town, you CAN get through it. I hope you like it (and watch to the end if you want to see me looking stupid!)
Here are 8 things I already knew but have been reminded of over the last 6 months.
1. Family and friends are the most important thing in the world.
2. Hair grows back….eventually.
3. False eyelashes are one of the best inventions ever (along with the hot water bottle)
4. Tapping or using EFT for anxiety (which I suffered from really badly while bed bound for a month – it had never affected me before) is incredibly effective.
5. No matter how dark your days, taking one day at a time, forgiving yourself for throwing yourself a pity party and trusting that things will improve, will help you feel and see the light again.
6. Self love is the kindest gift you can give yourself.
7. Gratitude for what you have and who you have in your life can help to pull you up the emotional scale towards peace and happiness.
8. Pink wigs are COOL!
I hope you enjoyed this post – feel free to share your thoughts and comments below. What are the lessons you have learned this year? P.S. If you fancy a kickstart to 2013, check out my 28 day lifestyle cleanse, Detox Junkie starting on 7th Jan!