I decided to blog about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar today as last week when I was on the weekly coaching call for an online lifestyle cleanse Im running called Detox Junkie, I was extolling the virtues and figured it would be beneficial to share them here.
Apple cider vinegar is great at detoxification, aiding digestion, promoting weight loss and improving skin conditions. When I go on my yearly 7 day detox retreat, I take a tablespoon every morning straight up. Some people add it to a cup of warm water and sip it slowly but I like to get it over and done with.
Here are 7 benefits of taking ACV regularly
1. ACV is rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes making it a wonderful addition if you are doing a detox. It helps to stimulate the liver and aid the cleansing process as well as helping the lymph nodes to filter out the toxins from your body.
2. ACV is said to promote weight loss by stabilising blood sugar and therefore keeping your appetite balanced and controlled.
3. It is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and has anti-fungal properties due to the malic acid it contains.
4. It helps to remove toxins from the body and improve bowel regularity.
5. ACV is alkaline which helps your body to maintain the correct pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (Read more about pH here.)
6. Rich in potassium which is vital for building muscles, growth and promotes healthy bones and teeth.
7. ACV may lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
Tomorrow I’ll be sharing how to add ACV to your everyday routing and diet. How do you like to take yours? Share in the comments below.