So far, I have shared with you a lot about my health but today I want to share a little more so you can get to know who I really am and what I’m really like! This is scary but quite fun too. So I hope you enjoy reading these little known facts about me!
1. I have a bit of OCD and have to make sure everything is switched off and double locked before I go to bed or go out.
2. I once went to Elle McPherson’s house and met her for a job interview. I was late because I couldn’t find the house. Not a good start.
3. I once had a telephone interview for a job to be Gwyneth Paltrow’s personal assistant but I was drunk and ended up having the interview, trying to sound sober on a busy street off Regent street with buses noisily driving by. Needless to say I didn’t get it. It’s a long and amusing story which you can read about here. I did get to the last 2 candidates though and was gutted not to get it.
4. I jumped out of a plane over Byron Bay which was THE most amazing experience.
5. I once drove from Cambridge to Birmingham via….London. (and my family STILL take the p*ss out of me for having a terrible sense of direction.) I was 17 but that’s really no excuse for doing something so stupid.
6. I once boiled milk in a kettle to make a hot chocolate and ruined the kettle.
7. My guilty pleasure is reality TV
8. Aged 19, I studied at singing college and shortly afterward joined a girl band and sang at Cafe de Paris, POP & Cargo. (well known clubs in UK) before having a “spice girls moment”, and sacked our managers.
9. I did a bungee jump in Faliraki, Greece and would never do another again but I would happily jump out of a plane again!
10. I used to dance and was always known as “the flexible one”.
11. I can’t eat a banana because I hate the taste and texture but I don’t mind them in smoothies or made as ice-cream
12. At school, I was always in trouble for answering back.
13. I am notorious for falling over. I can do it anywhere, anytime totally by accident.
14. When I was younger, my family always took the mickey that I would write list after list after list of things to do. They say, (which is a lie), that I used to write “Wake up”, “Brush teeth” etc etc.
15. I used to complain about a teeny tiny lump in my finger to my then boyfriend of 5 years who used to joke, “Yeah it’s probably cancer.” Little did we know that I was to be diagnosed a few years later! We still laugh about it now.
16. I have a girl crush on Emily Blunt, Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry.
17. I am more than happy spending time on my own and need to retreat after spending time in a group of people for an extended period of time to just not talk.
18. I love clothes and shopping.
20. I met Oprah in Brazil when I went to visit the healer John of God. More info on my trip here.
21. I love holidays and being by the ocean. (I’m a water sign – Scorpio)
22. My favourite comfort food used to be green thai curry sauce.
23. Aged 17, my ex-boyfriend appeared from my garden gate at 1am and held a knife to my throat because I had dumped him for cheating on me! (I had just got home from working in a bar, my mum looked out the window as she would wait until I got home, saw me being attacked, screamed for my dad and he ran out, punched him in the face and knocked him to the ground.) I was fine and fortunately he didn’t slit my throat….obviously.
24. I once called the police when I thought someone was trying to break into my flat. It turned out it was my drunk boyfriend. (Yes I know – I need to make better choices in men! This is a running theme! Just kidding RC, you were alright most of the time!)
25.When I was younger, I loved nutella and my mums homemade chocolate cake and consequently was a bit of a chubster.
26. Mint choc chip is my favourite ice-cream flavour.
27. I love having psychic readings and being told what’s in store for my future.
28. It annoys me when people mistake ‘to’ and ‘too’ when writing (is that mean?!)
29. As a kid, I loved The Sound of Music and watched it so much I wore out the VHS video.
30. I love to laugh and to make people laugh.