I have always thought I was the odd one out because I’ve never been a massive fan of coconut water when my friends would drink it down and tell me how much they loved it. For me, it just had a funny aftertaste so I started pouring it into my green juices to top them up and make them even more hydrating. There are a lot of benefits of drinking coconut water which I shall share with you here so if you haven’t tried it, i suggest you do! But be careful which brands you try, as the quality and the manufacturing process matter. And I’ll also tell you about a new company that I have discovered and am LOVING!
Coconut water is the clear, sweet liquid with a slightly nutty taste, that is found inside young, green coconuts. Fresh coconut water has not been pasteurised and therefore contains enzymes that help to detoxify and repair the body (which I’m always a fan of!)
Here are some great facts about the coconut stuff;
- Coconut water is a great source of electrolytes, such as potassium, necessary for proper hydration (so great to drink post exercise, post enema or post diarrhoea.
- Coconut water has a much better composition of minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, and zinc than some fruits such as oranges.
- It is a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine, and folates. (These vitamins are essential in the sense that the human body requires them from external sources to replenish.)
Knowing about the benefits of coconut water, naturally I have wanted to want to consume it more than I have, but because I wasn’t so keen on the taste, I backed off from the stuff….that was until I discovered Cocofina. They offer a range of flavours from just straight up coconut water to apple and blueberry, tea and passionfruit and pineapple and lime. YUM!
Cocofina pride themselves on the following factors which make their brand superior to others out there;
1. Use very narrow range and quality control for collection of the juice.
2. The juice is bottled within minutes of harvesting.
3. Although production batches are large they keep the water fresh by bringing them into production in batches.
4. They minimise exposure of air, light etc to the water to stop any degradation.
5. They have been providing coconut water since 2005 and have learnt how to choose the best raw materials for best results.
I’m a big fan as I keep them in my fridge and can either drink straight out of the bottle when I want something fruity and refreshing or I use some of it as a base to my smoothies which is great for a quick fix.
If you haven’t tried Cocofina, you should. Check out their site here
Tell me below if you like coconut water and what your fave brand is – I’d love to know.