Chocolate Nutbutter Cups
Makes 8 GF, DF, VGN 15mins
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2.5 tbs maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt flakes
- Sea salt flakes or cacao nibs for topping.
- 2Tbs Superfoods (optional) – See Tips
¼ cup nut butter (or sunflower seed butter if allergic)
- In a bowl, whisk through the cacao and salt through the melted coconut oil and maple syrup so no clumps are present.
- Pour 1tsp of chocolate mixture into mini muffin cases/chocolate molds and place in freezer for 5 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and spoon on ½ tsp. nubutter into the center of each chocolate, place back into freezer if nutbutter is runny.
- Top each chocolate with 1 tbs. of chocolate mixture and leave to set in fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with sea salt or cacao nibs if desired.
- Add 2tbs of superfoods to the chocolate mix before freezing to boost nutritional benefits; we recommend mesquite, lucuma, açai or maca for this recipe.
- These are raw; so serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge. Double the quantities to make into larger cups.