The new superfood on the scene: Moringa

by Polly N on September 23, 2013

I have discovered a new superfood that I want to tell you about! Okay so it’s not that new, it’s just that I’ve never heard of it or used it before. It increases the natural defenses of the body, contains three times more Vitamin A than carrots and seventeen times more calcium than milk. But that’s not all…..read on to get the goods on Moringa.

moringa

Here are some other qualities of moringa which give it such a stellar nutritional profile.

• Increases the Natural Defenses of the body
  • Acts as an antioxidant
  • It is an anti-inflammatory
  • Takes care of the immune system of the body
  • Provides nourishment to the eyes and the brain
  • Promotes metabolism with bio-available ingredients
  • Promotes the cell structure of the body
  • Promotes natural serum cholesterol
  • Lowers the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
  • Promotes the normal functioning of the liver and the kidney.
  • Beautifies the skin
  • Promotes energy
  • Promotes proper digestion
  • Promotes healthy circulatory system
  • Gives a feeling of general wellness
  • Supports the normal sugar levels of the body

Moringa leaf boosts energy in a natural manner, however this energy promotion does not happen because of sugar, so it tends to last for a long time. Of course, there is no quick fix to healing any condition but consuming foods that help the body to heal would of course be advantageous. According to ‘Think of your wellness’ website, individuals ingesting it say that their ulcers are healed, tumors restricted, there are reduction in the arthritis pains and inflammations, controlled blood pressure, the skin problems are restored, and they have stronger defenses against diseases.

Moringa leaf can lower blood pressure and promotes good sleep thanks to its soothing qualities. It can also purify water since it has a detoxifying effect. As a coagulant agent, Moringa can attach itself to hazardous bacteria and other materials (like Chlorella), a process that is surmised to occur in the body too. The happy outcome is more sustained energy without any over-activity, balanced hormone and gland system, controlled blood pressure, and a rested nervous system.

moringa-powder-orac-value

Have you tried Moringa? How does it make you feel? Tell me in the comments below…

Steve Turton September 23, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Yeah I’ve got the powder and the tea bags, I can’t prove it but a combination of this and other goodies (along with cutting out dairy) has cleared up my symptoms of Croehns disease. I used to be on 12 tablets a day but now im medication free! :-)

polly September 23, 2013 at 3:16 pm

great news! congrats 😉

Joe Butica September 23, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I have been using moringa for quite some time now. Definitely an energy booster and it helps my aches and pains to get through the workday. And there is no caffeine/sugar crash because moringa is naturally caffeine and sugar free. My preferred form is the moringa tea but I also use the moringa vitamins daily. Make sure you use 100% Pure with no additives. I get mine from gotmoringa.com as they have good stuff and other moringa products and they are nice Eco-friendly people.

Theresa Bond September 23, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I do like to try new superfoods, will buy some straight away!

Sarah September 26, 2013 at 11:54 pm

wow! This plant really packs a powerful punch!

Daren Honeysett September 27, 2013 at 11:02 am

Moringa sounds great can I ask does it do anything for IBS Irritable Bowl Syndrome as I have that very bad

polly September 29, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Hi Daren, Im not sure. Worth having a google and seeing what benefits others have had. So far, everyone has had positive things to say about and it’s anti-inflammatory so the chances are that it will help your condition – worth a try!

Michelle G September 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Hi Polly
I have been using Moringa in its purest form (the leaves) and drink at least 2 cups everyday in the form of tea. I would not be without it. Put it this way, I don’t think it is doing me any harm. My red and white blood cell count is usually very low, but since taking Moringa, it has helped me. My consultant thinks it’s due to the tablets he prescribed, but truth be known I don’t take the tablets. It can’t do any harm.
Michelle

hayley shuttleworth October 18, 2013 at 7:44 pm

hi polly,

I am really keen to start taking this but not sure which is the best form. would drinking dried leaf in tea bags still have the same effect as the powder? also how much is recommended daily?

Thanks x

polly October 21, 2013 at 8:10 pm

hi hayley, i havent tried the leaf myself but ive heard it is very potent and helpful to many. Not sure where youd buy from so worth a search online! x