The main story doing the rounds in the media at the moment is about high levels of sugar consumption and in particular their main focus is fizzy drinks. The headlines read:
- One fizzy drink a day increases cardiovascular disease by one third.
- One fizzy drink a day was enough to increase chances of dying from cardiovascular disease.
- Those whose diet is 25% sugar, double the chance of heart related death
- Too much sugar can double your risk of dying of heart disease
- Scientists have found an alarming link between excessive consumption sugar in fizzy drinks or processed food and heart related deaths.
And while this is all true, there is one ingredient in fizzy drinks, which is just as dangerous if not more so which I want to talk about here…
This is an artificial sweetener and is the most commonly used in foods. It is extremely toxic and very addictive. It’s found in over 6000 products, consumed by 250 million people worldwide and as it was never tested on humans before it was approved ‘safe’, those consuming it are effectively acting as human ‘guinea pigs’. As a result, we have more incidences of people suffering from migraines, tumours, headaches and insomnia – the list is pretty endless..see further below.
- It’s a proven neurotoxin, (a poison which acts on the nervous system) consisting of aspartic acid, methanol and pnenylalanine. Basically it’s a chemical poison.
- It accounts for over 75% of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA.
- It causes cancer
Many of the symptoms include: dizziness, fatigue, memory loss, heart palpitations, depression, irritability, nausea, seizures, weight gain, slurred speech, breathing difficulties, joint pain, headaches, anxiety, hearing loss, vision impairment, numbness, vertigo, tinnitus… and the list goes on.
According to researchers and physicians studying the adverse effects of aspartame, the following chronic illnesses can be triggered or worsened by consuming aspartame:
- Brain tumours
- Mental retardation
- Birth defects
- Parkinsons Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
As we can see from the evidence above, this poison should be avoided at all costs. In order to do so, it’s important we arm ourselves with the knowledge of where it lurks.
It is also disguised as and otherwise known as Nutrasweet, Equal, Spoonful and Equal-Measure.
And can be found in:
- Chewing gum
- Diet fizzy drinks
- Flavoured water
- Drinking powders
- ‘Low-calorie’ food
So are you still consuming aspartame because I hope now you’ll be more vigilant about avoiding it at all costs!