We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms & conditions and any other documents referred to) explains how personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
PollyNoble.com may collect demographic data and personal data to provide you with a better internet experience. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in any forms on our site www.pollynoble.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site, including invoicing, collecting payment and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- For the purpose of running competitions.
We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent, either explicitly, or by opting in to one of our email lists.
Your personal details will remain private and confidential. We will never sell, rent, barter or share your personal details in any way with any other company. All data collected is for our internal use only.
We hate spam as much as you do. We will never send you any unsolicited e-mail. If you choose to subscribe to any service we may offer you will receive as regular e-newsletters from us. Clear unsubscribe details are always shown on emails from us.
1) When you place an order on our website, you will be directed to Paypal where safe payment can be made. (PayPal is regulated by the FSA.)
We may use technology such as Google Analytics to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. This is statistical data about our users’ use of the website, and does not identify individuals.
Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
Last updated on June 7th 2010.