Stevia is a natural sweetener that comes from a South American herb. There are a number of reasons why stevia is so much better than horrible white refined sugar and artifical sweeteners which often contain cancer-causing aspartame.
Here are some little known facts about stevia;
1. It contains no calories
2. It contains no carbs
3. It has no effect on blood sugar making it safe for diabetics
4. It’s good for the digestive system and can be used by people with candida
5. It inhibits the growth of bacteria
6. It can help suppress sugar cravings
7. It is thought to help lower blood pressure
It is approximately 25-50 times sweeter than conventional sugar but a whole lot healthier!
I use stevia to add to recipes such as nut milk, cakes, desserts and dressings where I don’t wish to add agave, maple syrup or dates and raisins. So for a guilt-free sugar hit, how about trying some stevia?